Pages

Thursday 26 September 2019

Kapa haka


On September the 19, the Paihia School kapa haka group went to Kaikohe Memorial hall  to perform in the Cultural Festival. I was learning to focus on singing and facials, making sure I was smiling and doing a strong pukana. We went with parents, Teaches and teacher aids that supported us. When we went on stage I got scared because there was so much people watching us and cheering. After a couple of minutes, I didn’t have stage fright because I focused on singing. When we were doing the haka with  our rakau I made some mistakes because some of my timing was too early when we poked our rakau to the side. Once we got off the stage I was so happy because I think we all did good performing in front of other schools. SEE YOU IN THE NEXT BLOG POST.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Calais, It’s Reminis here. When the kapa haka group went to the Kaikohe Memorial Hall on September 19 to perform we were proud of you. I read your story and it was interesting. It sounded exciting when you and the kapa haka group performed, In the Cultural Festival. How did you feel when you started the haka?
    Blog you later

    ReplyDelete